Many benefits come from upgrading your existing driveway or going for a brand new driveway. One of the best things about going for new driveways is you get to decide on the design features you would like to have.
Any design or idea that you have in your mind can easily be transformed into reality. With the perfect installation and design, your new driveway will not just be beautiful but will also transform the appearance and the feel of your home while adding to its value.
Some of the major advantages of going for a new driveway are as follows:
Value of the Property Increases
Your house is not just your house but also a financial investment. You might have plans of spending your entire life in the same house, but you never know what the future has in store for you.
Therefore, you need to invest in your home in such a way that it turns out to be profitable in the future. It is not just the interior of your home that matters but even the exterior. The bathroom and the kitchen are two important areas of the house that require proper attention when it comes adding value to your property.
Nevertheless, upgrades to driveways, patios and gardens also need to be considered equally important. Newly constructed and good quality driveways have the potential of increasing the value of a property.
Improved Curb Appeal
The days have gone when driveways were considered just unimportant – just plain and simple tarmac surfaces. Even though tarmac is still a common driveway option, homeowners have got a plethora of other options from which to make their choice.
Pattern imprinted concrete driveways come with a classic and understated appeal while block paving driveways are available in intricate designs. Such upgraded and good-looking driveways can improve the curb appeal of homes instantly.
A heavily used and unkempt driveway surface will not only spoil the appearance of your home but will also be a safety hazard. Cracked stones, sunken areas and unnecessary weed growth on the driveway can be an unnecessary safety hazard, particularly for the elderly, people on wheelchairs and even for children playing. Upgrading a driveway will also have the added benefit of acting as a deterrent to burglars who will assume that a well-kept house will also have an effective security alarm or security system.
One of the best things about having an upgraded driveway is it will last for a very long time. It is the durability of a driveway apart from its aesthetic appeal that makes it the right addition to homes and large properties.
Your brand new and exclusive driveway will not require a lot of maintenance and will still offer great appeal and long-term usage.
Different Varieties of Driveways
There are different varieties of driveways that you can go for, and they are as follows:
- Indian stone paved driveways are fast gaining huge popularity because they offer the aesthetics of natural sandstone. Apart from this, such driveways offer an assortment of colours and patterns for the homeowners to make their choice from.
- The resin-bonded units are also gaining huge popularity for their flexibility and colour choices. These are water-permeable driveways that can prove to be highly beneficial but only with proper maintenance.
- Then there are block-paved driveways like slabs and flags and even tiny concrete blocks. The different patterns available in this category require proper laying, and this can increase installation expenses. So, these might not be the best option for budget-conscious homeowners.
- Gravel and stone driveways are perfect options for deterring burglars and thieves as they are quite loud when parking and even while being walked over. Also, these are one of the most affordable options available in the market. But because they are affordable and are laid on the ground directly, you need to maintain them properly.
- Tarmac driveways tend to be the most affordable options available in the category of driveways. They are perfect for small front lawns and budget-conscious homeowners. They look pristine and smooth, provided they are correctly applied.
- Brick or cobblestone driveways do not seem to have grabbed a lot of popularity, but even these units have the potential of enhancing the feel and the look of your home. Since they are quite exclusive, the driveways can be a little expensive, and they also require expert installation.
- Pattern imprinted driveways are made of concrete, and they are known for their durability. They are also called stamped or decorative driveways boasting of a very strong surface. They have the bonus of holding heavy weight while they do not require a lot of maintenance.
One thing that you can remain assured of is getting the best ideas for your brand new driveways with the largest assortment of colours, patterns, styles and designs.
Benefits of Block Paving
Going for the right driveway or patio can transform the appearance of your home and can make it appealing as well.
Block paving is probably one of the best materials for driveways. It is made of clay and concrete and can easily be laid in detailed shapes and patterns to suit individual taste.
Some of the greatest benefits of block paving brickwork include:
- It is highly versatile, and this is what makes it one of the best materials. It is also available in an assortment of colours and styles.
- Block paving can easily be customised as per the specifications and requirements of the client.
- When compared to various other surfacing options, block paving is more environmentally-friendly.
- One of the greatest benefits of block paving is it requires very little to no maintenance.
- Block paving is highly durable and can withstand huge pressure.
It is also visually appealing and comes in different styles. It comes with the guarantee of improving the appearance of a home.
Benefits of a Tarmac Driveway
Speaking of the benefits of a tarmac driveway, it is one of the most classic and effective options available to homeowners. These are cost-effective, weather-resistant and durable.